Friday, November 15, 2019

A Hot Minute

Hey guys!! WOW, it's been a minute… So, apparently in my Orkambi stupor (I will explain this in a later post), i totally forgot I had a blog many moons ago...So instead of creating a whole new name, etc...i am resurrecting the name...on a new blog forum. Welcome to Living to Breathe (2.0) My goal or intention with this blog is to not only keep family and friends (and whoever else cares) up to speed with my health/life, but also to provide an escape for myself and a platform to talk about all the others aspects of CF that you don't normally hear about. I’m going to be real open and honest folks, so I hope I won't offend anyone, but also, im not really looking for approval either. I need a place to vent, share my thoughts, and just DEAL with CF and whatever it throws at me. Sometimes this is easier done here than face to face or in person. Feel free to ask questions, etc...I'm an open book! MOst of you know most of my life story-ish. I have CF and have been fighting it ferociously since I was 2 months old and diagnosed. But here I am today, 32 years old and still kicking. I am on long term IVs at the moment and have been since April of 2018. I have non-tuberculosis mycobacteria in my lungs and while treatable, it takes a LOOONNNG time to eradicate, and in most cases, you never actually totally get rid of it. Its a poop trash bacteria and a bear to get rid of, so my (our) hope is to fight it into submission haha Basically, get it to a point where it barely exists and is not causing me problems. Treatment will continue for AT LEAST a total of 24 months before I will be IV free...While that all sounds daunting and terrible...I FINALLY have an end date- MARCH 2020!!! So, I got this- only 4 more months!! LET’S DO THIS!! Until next time...keep on keeping on!

No comments:

"Kindness is the mark we leave on the world." - RAKtivist

  "Kindness is free to give, but PRICELESS to receive." -RAKtivist In a world where we can be ANYTHING, why are not more of us cho...