Wednesday, November 27, 2019

KEEP ON KEEPING ON...

I thought I would clarify something for you all in this post...I'm sure you've noticed that I end every blog post with the phrase, "Keep on, keeping on." Let me explain...

Growing up, EVERY card my dear grandma ever gave me and still gives me, ends in "Keep on keeping on". I never really knew what she meant, but what a sweet sentiment, right? aha Anyways, fast forward to my senior year in high school, on the way home from senior trip in South Carolina...it hits me, oh balls...I need to write my valedictorian speech yet...for graduation that was 2 days away! (yes, I'm that naive and yes i realize that's probably PLENTY of time for normal people to come up with something ha ha, anyways, I digress...) So, I slightly panic and start wracking my brain for a feel good topic for my speech...

I start thinking and thinking and, all of a sudden, my grandma's cards come to mind. DUDE...I think, that would be a really good topic if I can somehow link it to my life. Y'all...it finally clicked. Ya see, my grandma had been referring to my path with Cystic Fibrosis. Keep on keeping on...keep doing what I'm doing, don't ever give up when CF seems to take over and kick me down, JUST KEEP ON KEEPING ON! Cue the tears....OK, maybe only me, but whatever. WOW.

I got some compliments on my Valedictorian speech...everyone was saying how they love my outlook on life and perseverance in dealing with what life and CF have thrown at me. But guys...I never would describe myself like that. I don't know what, but perseverance is just not a word I would use to describe me. It's very humbling, hearing people tell me that. I mean, this life is all I know and I'm just doing my best to keep on keeping on. What else CAN I do?

Yeah, CF blows and ruins my life in different ways...but this is all I know. THIS, is what I'm used to. CF is the worst for sure, but without it, I definitely would not be who I am today or even know some of my best friends! That thought alone, KILLS me. I have met some of the strongest, sweetest, and funniest people ever BECAUSE of CF. (I'm lookin' at you, Kelli and our dear friend Marcia, who has passed.)

Anyways, I feel like I am all over the place with this post and super wordy, but before I end this, I wanted to say that I am so thankful for my sweet hubby, my family, and YOU GUYS. I could not go through this life and battle with CF alone. I'm so thankful for my nieces and nephews...THEY are my WORLD and my driving force to kick CF to the curb and my reason for never giving up. My reason to always, ALWAYS...KEEP ON KEEPING ON.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!

No comments:

"Kindness is the mark we leave on the world." - RAKtivist

  "Kindness is free to give, but PRICELESS to receive." -RAKtivist In a world where we can be ANYTHING, why are not more of us cho...