Saturday, November 16, 2019

TRIKAFTA!!!

WARNING: I told you guys I was going to be open and honest about everything...inlcuding CF stuff. So, if you are squeamish about medical jargon or bodily fluids...I'M WARNING YOU NOW haha
 
 It'S HERE! It's finally here! I have waited SO long for this….when it was finally in my hands, I had tears y'all. LEGIT tears….I felt so hopeful and humbled and just so excited.

 Now I know I haven't given an update yet and I promise you, I have a real reason. Y'all remember those long-term IVs/antibiotics I mentioned in my previous post? Well, one of them can interact with Trikafta...SO ...I have to take a totally different, SMALL dose until I am completely off these antibiotics...in MARCH 2020. While that’s kind of a bummer, I can already see/feel some small changes! A normal dose of Trikafta is 2 pills in the morning and 1 in the evening...MY dose is ONLY the 2 morning pills TWICE a week, taken 3-4 days apart. Already, a few hours into the first day (last week), I started coughing more and bringing up mucus. Now, I have to mention this- I almost NEVER bring stuff when I cough. My Doctor and CF nurses get exasperated with me because I can never give them sputum samples and they always do throat cultures instead, which aggravates my infectious disease doctor haha. So thats huge in itself already! I also experienced so chest tightness and my chest feeling like, wet and heavy. Eww. haha All of that lasted for like 2 whole days after the first dose but by the 2nd dose, 3 days later, I only had an increased cough and still coughing up junk. 

So not a TON of anything yet because my dose is so small, but still! Guys! I can’t even believe I am experiencing this much! I cannot freaking wait til March and I can be on a full dose!! I don’t have a doctors appointment until January 14th and I’m so anxious to see if my pfts have moved at all. They were 50% last time and that was good(ish) for me, lately! AHHH!

 Keep on keeping on...

No comments:

"Kindness is the mark we leave on the world." - RAKtivist

  "Kindness is free to give, but PRICELESS to receive." -RAKtivist In a world where we can be ANYTHING, why are not more of us cho...